Monday, July 14, 2008

Fibromyalgia..........

Fibro-Fibrous tissue, tendons, ligaments

My-Muscles

Algia-Pain
................................................................
You see, there are so many different effects of Fibroyalgia. It is a chronic disease that often goes unoticed. You cannot see my pain, unless you look deep into my eyes. You cannot feel my pain, unless you feel my heart palpatations and sweaty palms. You cannot hear my pain, unless you listen to me as a friend.

Most sufferers are considered hypochondriacs. Most sufferers are ignored when they want to cry out loud about the undescribable pain. I cannot tell you where the pain is.....I can just tell you that my body hurts. I cannot explain what I am feeling.....I can just say I am sad. When I call people and upon them answering the phone.....sometimes I forget why I called.

When my muscles spasm and my head feels like daggers are poking my brain, I often keep it to myself. Then I get sad, depressed, anxious, stressed, angry. Because I cannot explain what I am going through.

There is no cure. There is no magic pill. Finding the correct medicine to aleveate the symptoms is next to impossible.

Some doctors say this is "all a mental disorder" and that we make this up to get attention. Trust me.....if I want attention; I know how to get it. I don't need to make up a disease to feel loved.

This is my story of a chronic disorder that will not go away. I am not a hypochondriac.....I am a victim. Am I blessed? Yes...because as much as this disease sucks it will not kill me. I do not have to fight to live life on earth; I just have to fight to live life through chronic pain.

March 12th is Fibromyalgia Awareness Day. I didn't know this. I just found out. I am going to get more involved. I am going to do more research and I am going to consider starting a support group for people in my area or a online support group. There are others who suffer, and there are others who feel alone like me. Because it is devestating to tell your daughter that you cannot go for a walk with her because you are too tired. It is frustrating when it is time for supper, yet I can barely hold my head up. I am a housewife. I have my duties.....just as everyone else does. I used to take care of the yard.....I no longer can do this without serious consequences. I fight through it....I truly do. But I am alone because I am ashamed that I cannot do the things that I used to do.

I am scared that some friends are going to stop playing with me because they are sick of my condition and bickering. I think I already have. :-(

I feel very alone, which is why I get depressed and sad and angry.

I am ready to do what I do best and I am ready to fight. I am ready to help others and I am ready to live. Bear with me on the serious posts. Fibromyalgia will never, ever, ever take away my sense of humor, my bluntness and my sex posts. Ever!!!!!!

Please go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STmQm-nHS08. This sums it up pretty well.

Now please go up and view the boobage picture again and try to figure out what bloggy friend was brave enough to use whipped cream and my name on her cleavage. She is great!

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Hang in there girl! I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I can't even imagine! :(

GypsiAdventure said...

I'm sorry you're in such pain...I know that must suck. I have a dear friend who also has it and it's hard to watch her go thru it.
Guess we'll just have to all gang up and keep sending photos your way to keep your mind off it. :)
~K

Mike Golch said...

you know what really sucks is that if you are seeing a mental health professional and than have a physical proble like falling down and hitting you head on concrete. they the doctors,MD. (Me Doctor you nothing)threar you like something the cat forgot to bury.
So with tihs being said Krissy you hang in there girl I feel you pain. Hugs and Blessings my friend.That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Stacy said...

Thank you for telling your story. I can't imagine how hard this must be on you.

sltbee69 said...

I can't imagine being in that much pain and knowing that people think that you are making it all up, that is all in your head. What a frustrating thing to have to deal with. I think you getting involved is a good thing. Hopefully, the more you can educate others about it, people in your life will be more understanding. ((HUGS))

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I am so sorry for your suffering. I think it's awesome that you're going to fight and possibly start support groups, etc. That's the only way to turn a negative into a positive!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm playing catch up on your blog right now. I just want to add that Fibromyalgia is real and different for each person who has to endure it. As a mental health professional, I work with some people (mostly women) who are trying to keep on with life and so I help them through those low periods. I often call myself a cheerleader for them, because as you know Firecracker, it takes a lot of support to keep going, especially when the loneliness sets in. So, to you--keep on keepin' on!