Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Some things parents should NOT do.

  1. Don't have your child go to the security guard at the mall and tell them that they are lost while you do some kid-free shopping. After you "pretend" to pick up your missing child there is a long list of questions that they will inquire about. Instead give your child a roll of pennies and leave them at the water fountain in the food court.


  2. Don't fall asleep at your child's music concert. Especially if you snore. Other parents will never let their child come to play at your house again. Actually, that isn't such a bad idea.


  3. Asking the teacher to keep your child an extra half hour after school so you can have that extra 1/2 hour of peace is not such a good idea. Some teachers may consider this abandonment.


  4. Don't threaten to take your kid to the doctor for a shot when they are misbehaving. This backfires when they actually do need to see the doctor and they scream and throw a fit.

  5. Don't give your kid money and a note that reads "Please allow so and so to buy some Bud Light and a pack of Marlboro's" because it will not work. And you will feel awkward having to go in yourself after the note didn't work.



"Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own." ~Aristotle




P.S. I now know why some animals eat their young. Can anyone give me advise on how to handle a "Tweenager?"

P.S.S. You can visit my photo blog at www.beaubienfamily1.shutterfly.com

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Surely YOU have never done any of these things. :)

GypsiAdventure said...

haha, I love those, I think the penny thing would work for my daughter! :)

Beautiful family pics!!
~K

Patois42 said...

Dang, I was hoping you'd recommend doing this. Love the photos. And I adore the Aristotle quote.

Grandy said...

Cute pics...And you did NOT do these things, right?

Tara R. said...

I love the Aristotle quote! Love the list too... I've been tempted to try #3 on several occasions.

Anonymous said...

As usual, cuz I know I've said this often before...Diva is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Girl, you better put some locks on your windows and doors cuz DAMN you're going to be in for hell when the boys come knocking! LOL

Bad Momma said...

Never tried the security guard thing...that is sheer genius!